Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
1. How can I remove unwanted fingerprints from the screen protector?
Fingerprints won’t stay on the screen protector permanently and could be easily cleaned using a damp cloth.
2. What are the benefits of choosing tempered glass instead of a plastic screen protector?
Premium tempered glass makes this screen protector much smoother than plastic alternatives. The edges are polished many times after a high-speed cutting process to get the ideal 2.5D arc, providing a smooth and safe-to-the-touch surface.
3. Why is the screen protector size smaller than my iPhone screen? Does this cover the whole screen?
Due to the iPhone’s curved edges, the screen protector is designed to be slightly smaller than the actual screen to help prevent bubbles and the screen from peeling off. For that reason, the screen protector will leave a little space around the edges of the phone. If you think this will be an issue, we strongly recommend buying our full-coverage screen protector.
4. How does tempered glass protect my phone?
Tempered glass has been reinforced for many hours in order to increase it’s strength and provide better protection for your iPhone’s screen. Compared to ordinary glass with the same thickness, tempered glass could withstand an external force impact 3 to 5 times stronger. It will decrease the risk of the phone’s screen shattering when dropped or during collisions.
5. Does the screen protector add bulk to the phone?
The thickness of the screen protector is only 0.3mm, you may not even notice any change in your iPhone’s screen.
6. Does it come with a cleaning wipe to use prior to applying the screen protector?
The package contents include:
1) Screen protector x2
2) Installation Frame x1
3) Cleaning wipe x2
4) Dust-removal sticker x2
5) Wet wipes x2
7. How can I ensure a dust-free application?
Every ESR screen protector comes with a cleaning kit in the package. Before installing the screen protector, please follow the instructions provided to clean the screen. Be sure you have removed all dirt and dust on the screen before you install the screen protector.
8. How do I eliminate bubbles under the screen protector?
Before installing the screen protector, please follow the instructions provided to clean the screen. If you still find bubbles after applying the screen protector, the following are some tips to get rid of unwanted bubbles:
- Big Bubbles: Slowly lift one corner of the screen protector to eliminate it, then re-position the protector back in place.
- Tiny bubbles: Press them down for about 1 minute and then release.
9. Why does the screen protector have curved edges? Can I exchange it?
Since the iPhone has 2.5D curved edges around the screen, all ESR’s screen protectors are specially designed to fit the 2.5D curved edges. However, due to manufacturing inconsistencies, they angle of the phone’s bevel may not be accurate. As a result, you might find the screen protector has a very small gap along the edges. If your phone has this issue, we would recommenced our full-coverage screen protector and will happily send you a free replacement.